Brad and I have been married for four years now. (We got married on August 23, 2012) That's just crazy! For our anniversary this year, we had decided (or so I thought) that we would just go out to dinner and watch our wedding video.
But on the Sunday afternoon before our anniversary, Brad told me to go and pack a bag because we were leaving for Vegas the next morning. I was super confused at first because I had absolutely no clue he had planned this trip. I never once saw any confirmation emails or hotel receipts or anything. He had even set up his sisters Kendall & Kylie to babysit Owen while we were gone.
When we got there, we ate at Shake Shack. I had even spilled my entire water cup all over my phone and pants and still left thinking the food was good, so that should tell you something. Don't worry, my phone was okay. But, I walked around for the next hour looking like I had peed myself.

Our next stop was Live Game Escape because we're obsessed with escape rooms now. We have Brad's sister Kristy to thank for that. We got out in time, but I'm embarrassed to say we had to use quite a few clues for a room that, looking back, was really not that hard. On our way out, we stopped at the sketchiest 7 Eleven. I stayed in the car while Brad went in to get a sour patch slurpee. If he had been shot in there I would have been ticked because that slurpee was not that good.
![]() | ![]() |
Later that day, we saw Nathan Burton Comedy Magic. It was somewhat entertaining but nothing to write home about. It was pretty much the same tricks over and over again but with different girls dressed in skanky outfits with a few different props.
For dinner that night we went to a Thai restaurant called Lotus of Siam. It wasn't bad but my mouth was salivating for Cheesecake Factory the whole time.
Here's a picture Kendall & Kylie sent to me of Owen at Jump Street. They took good care of him while we were gone. Thanks guys!!
The next day, we did another escape room at Xtreme Escape called Bugsy's Nightmare because we had to make up for our poor performance from the day before. This escape room was pretty awesome!! We definitely did a lot better and want to go back and try some more rooms at this place.
Later the day, we made a stop at Serendipity for some dessert. We had gone to Serendipity on our very first trip to Vegas together so it holds a special place in my heart, even if the dessert really isn't that good.
Brad had also gotten us tickets to Blue Man Group for that night. This show was entertaining but totally weird. At one point, there was a huge piece of jello flung directly at us so that should give you an idea of how random this show is. We were also close enough that we were some of the lucky few that had to wear ponchos during the whole show.
Thanks for a great trip Brad!! Happy four years, I love you!







No comments:
Post a Comment