Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Vegas for Rhode's baptism & Ridley's blessing!

This past weekend, we drove to Las Vegas for our nephew Rhode's baptism and our new niece, Ridley's baby blessing. My whole family actually came to Vegas that same weekend so we got to see both sides of the family which was pretty awesome!

Friday
On Friday, we spent most of the morning visiting at the Nielsen's house while the kids played. Owen was in heaven running around their backyard with so many cousins! Later that day, we swapped watching kids while the boys went out to lunch and then Kacey, Kristy, me & Ridley went shopping. That night for dinner, Jon & Kacey grilled everyone some yummy hot dogs.


Owen and baby Ridley. He would just point to her and say "baby!"

Saturday
Before Rhode's baptism, I made sure to snap a picture of Andrew, Ellie & Owen in their Halloween pajamas. It's a tradition! 

Rhode's baptism
Rhode's baptism turned out so well! Before going to the font, Rhode asked to bare his testimony for everyone and it was the sweetest. 

Owen and a bunch of the kids watched from the glass and Owen happened to be sitting right behind the piece of paper with the baptismal prayer. He may or may not have been pushing his lips up to the glass during the prayer. I'm not sure if he was more distracting or if I was because I was trying not to laugh.

Back row: Kendall, Bryan, Jon, Kacey, Declan, Kristy, Peggy, Ridley, Brad, Owen, me, David
Front row: Scarlet, Rhode, Jude, Asher

Luncheon after the baptism
After the baptism, Kacey made some delicious food for the luncheon. It was so nice just visiting and letting the kids run around. 

Here's Scarlet & Owen chilling in the massive hammock in their back yard. Scarlet is such a good big cousin!

I'm really not sure where Owen found a golf ball, but he did somehow. He was also improvising by using the spatula as a golf club. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Here's Declan & Owen sharing a bicycle. Declan seemed pretty psyched about it, Owen not so much. 

Trampoline time
After the baptism, Jon's parents set up the trampoline they brought from home for the kids. Owen loves trampolines so he was having a blast. I just sat and watched while clutching my seat praying he wouldn't fall off. Somehow there were zero injuries. 

Around dinner time, we ended up taking Owen back to my sister's house so he could spend some time with my family. When we dropped him off, my whole family sang Happy Birthday to him with a little cupcake. 

Later that night, my family did a tribute to my Uncle John who passed away a year ago. I can't believe it's already been a year. Miss you Uncle John. 

I was happy that Owen could spend some time with my family but he ended up passing out on my mom by 6:30 so I felt sort of bad! I guess that happens when you don't take a nap. 


When Brad and I drove back to Kacey & Jon's house, we split into two groups for some Escape Room fun. Here's Brad holding Ridley while the first group was gone. She looks so tiny compared to him!

Xtreme Escape room!
The second escape room group, aka the winners! We did a room called Mapuche and it had a bunch of cool effects. 

Kendall, Bryan, Kristy, me, Brad


Sunday 
On Sunday morning, we spent some time with my family before heading to Ridley's baby blessing. I'm so glad we got to go to both! 

On the road again
After church, we left to go home. As you can see from this picture, Owen was completely wiped out from the weekend. We all had so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment