Mom's visit
Owen was in need of some grandma time, so my mom decided to come to Arizona to visit. Owen's been in the "stranger danger" phase for a few weeks now, but it didn't take long for him to warm up to grandma. It must have been because of all the ice cream she gave him...
Coldstone 10.7.15
![]() | ![]() |
I've read some studies recently that said kids don't get hyper from sugar, but I think I may have to disagree. Owen was so hyper that night!
Grandma making Owen laugh 10.7.15
Grandma and Owen playing peekaboo 10.7.15
Wednesday night we got devastating news that my mom's youngest brother, John, had passed away unexpectedly. So, the rest of my mom's visit was spent booking flights and figuring out details for our trip to Pittsburgh for the funeral.
Pittsburgh
Here's Owen fast asleep on my mom on one of our flight's and a picture of our old house that we drove by to see. 10.10.15 and 10.11.15
![]() | ![]() |
Uncle John and Aunt Judi's house 10.11.15
![]() | ![]() |
Max N Erma's with my parents, Chris, my Uncle Bobby, Uncle Ed, Aunt Sue and cousins Cynda and Kate 10.11.15
Owen with Uncle Bobby and Grandpa 10.11.15 and 10.12.15
![]() | ![]() |
Jimmy Wan's with the family. Pictured: Uncle Ed, Aunt Sue, Cynda, Kate, Aunt Judi, Chris, Andrew, Josh, Nicole, Amanda, Ellie, Mikal, dad, mom, Owen 10.13.15
Getting icecream at the Ice Box 10.13.15
Left: Mikal and Chris Right: Nicole, Amanda, Josh, Andrew, Ellie, dad, mom
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
Uncle John's funeral reception 10.13.15
Owen was still a little iffy around Uncle Bob so we got a picture with all 3 of us
![]() | ![]() |
Left: Owen, me, Josh, Amanda, Zack Right: Amanda and Owen
![]() | ![]() |
Left: Nicole, me, Amanda, Kate, Cynda Right: Chris, Zack, Nicole, Amanda, Owen, me, Josh
![]() | ![]() |
I'm getting choked up just typing this, so I don't know how eloquent this is going to be. I don't have a very big extended family, so my family and I have always been very close with the family we do have. My Uncle John, Aunt Judi, and cousins Nicole, Josh and Zack have been a very big part of my life. We've gone on family vacations together, spent almost every holiday together, and have spent so much time together. I knew I could always go to their house if I wanted to have a good time. I've brought more friends to their house than I can count and made some really great memories swimming in their pool, riding their quads, snowmobiles, cooking out with them, and going to so many of my cousin's sporting events. These are childhood memories that I'm never going to forget and would have never been made if it wasn't for my uncle. It's hard to believe he's gone, but I know we'll all see him again some day. Rest in Peace Uncle John. You were one heck of an uncle.





















I'm so glad you got to go and spend time with your family and celebrate your uncles life. Such a sad loss for your family.
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, dang that baby of yours is adorable. Start talking about Aunt Kacey because I am going to want some loves next week!