Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Back to Utah

Utah July 14-21, 2015

After being home for just 7 days, Owen and I flew back to Utah for the Earl Girl Reunion. We made a week long trip out of it so we could visit with my family before and after the reunion. The few days before the reunion were spent swimming, getting manicures and pedicures, and shopping :)

Earl Girl Reunion July 16-19, 2015
This is a reunion with all of Brad's sisters, girl cousins, and his cousins' wives that takes place every other year. It's a weekend filled with lots of food, talking, games, and much to my dismay, karaoke. Maybe I'll work up the courage to get up next time? I don't know. Probably not.

We started the reunion off on Thursday night at the food trucks. This wasn't a thing when Brad and I were at school, so I got to experience it for the first time. It was sooo delicious. To be honest, I can't stop thinking about the donuts we had for dessert.

Meeting baby Declan
One of the huge benefits of this weekend was getting to meet baby Declan for the first time! He's so teensy and sweet. It almost made me baby hungry again. Almost.
Friday and Saturday were spent doing yoga (which I couldn't do with my bum knee. sigh), having a "Favorite Things" party, Zupas for lunch, and games. 
I'm so so happy I got to go to the reunion again this year. This is such an awesome group of people and I'm so grateful I could marry into such an amazing family. 

Owen spends the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa
While I was at the reunion, Owen got to spend some quality time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. This was my first time being away from him :( I have to admit I missed the little stinker. But, he was in good hands. 

Here is a picture of Owen and me reunited for the first time after the reunion and with Aunty Jess.

Next stop, Moses Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment