Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spring Break in Canada and Moses Lake

Spring Break in Moses Lake and Big White! 

For spring break, Brad, Owen and I flew to Washington to ski at Big White. The idea came up when we were in Palm Springs for New Years, and we were so excited when we realized it was actually going to happen!

Owen's first plane ride!

Owen did awesome on his first plane ride, he basically slept the entire flight. When we got to Spokane, David picked us up from the airport and we drove to Moses Lake.

2.28.15
BIG WHITE

We spent our first night in Moses Lake watching BYU beat Gonzaga and then headed to Big White with David, Courtney, Curtis, and Dean.
View from the condo! 
We spent Monday skiing and it started off great! I had only been on skis once before (when I was 14) but after a run or two, I got the hang of it and was able to make it down the hill pretty easily. Later that day, Brad and I went out with David and Curtis on a more difficult hill and everything sort of went downhill from there. After making it a little ways down, I ended up gaining too much speed and falling. I must have fell the exact wrong way because my knee twisted in a way that knees should never be twisted and it HURT. I'm pretty sure everyone on that mountain could hear my screams, it was bad news bears.

Ski patrol had to come and take me down the hill the rest of the way and that was the end of my skiing trip. Such a bummer!!! I basically spent the rest of the trip in the condo with Courtney and the babies since I couldn't walk, but Brad got some more skiing in so I was happy for that. I still can't walk on it right, but it is improving everyday so it must just be sprained. Thank goodness for that. 

The rest of the trip we spent time watching movies, doing puzzles, and playing games.

Big White airplane! 3.2.15
Relaxing with dad 3.3.15
It was so much fun seeing Dean and Owen together again. They've already grown up so much since New Years! Owen looks way bigger than Dean in this picture but it's deceiving. They're actually about the same size.

Owen and his best bud Dean 3.4.15
Owen and me at the condo! 3.4.15
Brad had been dreaming of this day for a while. 3.4.15
After three days at Big White, we headed back to Washington to finish out our spring break.

Moses Lake
Owen and Dean man 3.4.15
Moses Lake Airplane! 3.5.15
While in Moses Lake, we did a bunch of fun things (that didn't require much walking). Courtney and I went to lunch with Allie and Nora, got pedicures, we all went to dinner, and met Kylie's boyfriend (now fiance!!! Stephen). After they're married, they'll be moving to Phoenix where Stephen has a job lined up and to say Brad and I are excited is an understatement!!

27 weeks pregnant 7.20.14
Owen at 22 weeks old 3.6.15
Owen also loved spending time with Grandma Peggy and Grandpa David. He's already learned to never trust Grandpa David when he sets him on a chair or couch because he inevitably will topple forward.

Owen and Grandma Peggy 3.6.15
Owen, Peggy, David, Dean 3.6.15
Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment