Road trip to Vegas with Owen
After getting back from Washington and Canada for Spring Break on Saturday, I decided to take a spur of the moment road trip with Owen to Las Vegas since my cousin Nicole from Pittsburgh was visiting my sister Amanda and my family who came down from Utah! I originally decided that it would be too much traveling since we were gone all week and because I already had a flight to Utah to visit my family the next week. But lo and behold, I made the decision to go at 6pm and was on the road with Owen by 7:30.
The longest hour and a half in my life
Before I left, we got Owen all ready for bed, gave him plenty to eat, and Brad sent us off. The first 20 minutes were great...Owen just sat in his seat like an angel and didn't make a peep. But then the crying started. I figured he would eventually tire himself out and go to sleep, so I just kept on driving. Finally, after about 35 minutes (the longest this baby has ever cried in his life), he finally fell asleep. It was peace and quiet for about 20 minutes and then the crying started again. The poor kid cried for another 45 minutes. By this time, I was in the middle of nowhere, driving with my 5 month old late at night so there was no way I was pulling over. We eventually made it to the town of Wikieup where I was able to pull over and make him happy again. After getting a diaper change, nursing, and spending some cuddly time with mom because I felt AWFUL, we were on our way again. This time, he slept the rest of the way there. To say I was relieved was an understatement!!
We arrived in Vegas around 12:45am where my mom, sisters, and cousin Nicole greeted us outside in their pajamas. They were a great welcoming party ;-)
Owen and Nicole meeting for the first time!
 |
| 3.8.15 |
I'm so grateful we live so close to family now and that Owen can get to know everyone.
Owen and his cousins!
 |
| 3.9.15 |
|
 |
| 3.9.15 |
|
Owen with his aunts and Grandma!
 |
| 3.9.15 |
|
 |
| 3.9.15 |
|
 |
| 3.9.15 |
Red Rock Canyon
On Monday, Jess and I took Nicole to In N Out for lunch since she had never been, and then to Red Rock Canyon to horseback ride. Both were a lot of fun!
 |
| 3.9.15 |
 |
| 3.9.15 |
 |
| 3.9.15 |
|
 |
| 3.9.15 |
|
 |
| 3.9.15 |
Out to lunch!
On Tuesday, we all got our nails done and then went out to lunch!
 |
| Mom and me 3.10.15 |
 |
| Jess and Nicole 3.10.15 |
 |
| Amanda, Ellie, Andrew, Gigi 3.10.15 |
Owen and his cousins!
Before we left, we made sure to get another picture of the grandkids. They didn't exactly turn out as planned, but we get an A for effort.
 |
| Andrew, Owen, Ellie 3.10.15 |
I'm so grateful that Vegas is just a hop, skip and a jump away and that we can visit family whenever we want to!
No comments:
Post a Comment