The first thing I want to say is....moving is a lot of work. I can't even imagine moving an entire family. But, we survived and we're all settled into our new apartment in Arizona.
Brad starts school at Midwestern University on Monday and I start my new job as a Treatment Coordinator at an orthodontist office next week. (That is, if I pass my background check and drug test. Cross your fingers everyone!)
How did I get the job as a Treatment Coordinator with absolutely no experience, you ask? I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm just happy that I got the one job that I applied for :-)
I thought it would be nice to take pictures and videos of our first apartment together, and that kind of turned into documenting our entire move. To be honest, this post is mainly for myself 10-15 years from now wanting to reminisce about our first few years as a married couple :-)
Our first apartment together
Tour of our first apartment together in Orem
Here are some pictures of us getting ready to leave.
Seeing this again makes me cringe!
Family room=Done!
I never knew how much kitchen stuff we had
Kitchen=Done!
Bedroom=Done! Kind of. We had to sleep somewhere that last night...
Eating pulled chicken sandwiches and watching Revenge on the floor on our last night in the apartment
Moving truck almost packed! (Thanks to Christie, Daniel, Jake & Kylie for helping us! And to Annette for keeping me company with her pregnant belly :-)
And we were off! I got to stare at this beauty for more than 11 hours
First stop: St. George
Our first stop was in St. George to visit with Courtney and Curtis and eat a delicious lunch! I forgot to take a picture while we were there, so I had to steal this from Facebook :)
After a few more hours of driving, we arrived in Las Vegas where we stayed the night. We were able to visit with Kacey, Jon, the kids and even Kristy and Trevor for a few hours!
Here's a photo shoot of the kids
Asher eating ice cream
Asher covered in ice cream..
Scarlet & Rhode
again...
Rhode gets knocked down...
...but he gets up again!
Asher "brushing his teeth" and cuddling with me. After Kristy left, Asher and I were best friends.
Last stretch to AZ!
Straight shot through the desert
And we finally made it! Brad and I were pretty anxious to get to our new apartment since we hadn't seen it in person. We lucked out and love it!
Video of our furnished apartment
Here are some "before" and "after" photos. Brad and I unpacked the entire truck by ourselves. Can't say I ever want to do that again...
Before
After!
Family Room
Before (It was SO hot outside...)
Before...
Getting closer...
After!
This blog post sort of has a "Trading Spaces" feel to it, doesn't it?
TV area
Before
After!
Kitchen
Before
After!
After!
Guest bedroom
Before
After!
Guest Bathroom
Looks like we only have an after picture!
Master bedroom
Before
After!
Master bathroom
Our makeshift shower curtain for the first week
After! (It took me over an hour to iron out all of the creases on the shower curtain)
We're really enjoying Arizona so far. We love our apartment, our ward, and the area. Bigger and better things to come :-)



Nice work. Brad is quite the decorator.
ReplyDeleteYou know how he loves that kind of thing...
Delete