Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'll Go Wherever You Will Go

Our Week With Nugget

Last week was a big week for Brad and me. It was the closest we came to having a dog. Our friends Christie and Daniel went out of town so we were able to dog sit their Morkie, Nugget.

Meet Nugget

I've been asking Brad for a puppy pretty much the entire time we've been married...to no avail. And when Christie asked us to dog sit, I knew that this was my chance (and Nugget's) to prove that having a puppy is totally worth it. After all was said and done, Nugget ended up really helping my case.

From the beginning to the end of the week, Brad's thoughts went a little something like this.
  • Jule, we're not getting a dog
  • Okay, I like Nugget
  • Nugget is a cool dog
  • Okay, I really like Nugget
  • If we could keep Nugget, I wouldn't mind having a dog
  • I don't want Nugget to leave 
  • I miss Nugget 
It didn't take long for Brad and me to come up with Nugget's theme song,  "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling. This was spot on because Nuggs followed us literally everywhere in our apartment. 

Let's take a look at our week with Nugget. 

Brad teaching Nugget new tricks

Best friends

Nugget cuddling with me

Brad playing with Nugget

Nugget and me at the park

Nugget playing fetch. This video doesn't show it that well, but she is FAST. 


Nugget playing baseball

Nugget playing bocce ball

Nugget at Walmart

Nugget hanging out with her best friend (other than me)

Nugget shoving her antler under my leg so it wouldn't move. Smart dog

Nugget making me feel guilty for playing on the computer and not taking her on a walk

So, I took her on a walk.

Nugget on a walk

Nugget "over" our walk

Nugget laughing at a really funny joke I told

This face was the reason why she got about 3 walks on average each day

Nugget sleeping in her favorite spot. 

We think she was dreaming in this video...haha

Nugget reading with me

Nugget being cute

Nugget modeling

Nugget lick attacking our faces

Nugget being a punk and not letting me take a picture of her with sunglasses on. Nugget the funny dog!!


Her paw on my shoulder says it all

Nugget eating grass

Nugget playing Charades. Her word was "deer"

Brad holding Nugget's antler still for her (he was whipped by this point)

Nugget hanging out with Brad

Nugget playing with her red ball 

Nugget in a car wash. She looks happy here, but I have about 15 scratches on my legs to prove that she didn't like the actual car wash

Nugget getting peeved that we weren't playing with her chicken with her

She would just keep dropping the chicken in front of you until you played with her.

Nugget wondering why Brad isn't playing with her 

By the end of the week, I got verbal confirmation from Brad that as soon as we can find a place that we don't have to pay rent for a dog, I can get one. Thanks Nugget!!!


6 comments:

  1. You'd better get that in writing. I still can't picture Brad every having a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have way too much free time. You need a baby. Feel free to borrow one of mine for the week as a test run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah this post is so funny. The spoiled nugs for a week. I'm sure she LOVEDDD you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may have gone a little overboard with spoiling her :) haha

      Delete