Sunday, December 3, 2017

Katie comes to visit!!

My best friend since first grade came all the way from Pittsburgh, PA to visit me for a few days :) This has become an annual tradition and I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't stop after she ties the knot in June!!!

Our visit together consisted of a lot of food, not nearly enough cheesy Christmas movies, and fun times at the Phoenix zoo, nail salon & Thunderbird mountain. 

Katie arrives!! Thursday, 11.30.17
Sticking to tradition, we immediately stopped for In N Out on our way home from the airport on Thursday afternoon. We kept the day going strong with our first cheesy Christmas movie, A Christmas Prince (excellent, by the way!) Then we stuffed our faces with a yummy meal at home & finished the night feeling bad about our bodies while watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. 

Phoenix Zoo Friday, 12.1.17
On Friday, we had a fun day at the zoo with the boys. Owen remembered how much he had loved Katie a year ago when she came to visit and they quickly rekindled their friendship ;)





Picture of Madden, courtesy of Katie's snap chat filter 

After a fun afternoon at the zoo, we couldn't help but watch another cheesy Christmas movie, A Christmas Kiss. When Brad got home from school, Katie & I went to get our nails done together! Since I'm writing this post late, I have to admit that these were some of the best gel nails I've ever gotten. They seriously lasted for.ev.er.

That night for dinner, Katie & I enjoyed a delicious meal at Cheesecake Factory and ended the night by stealing this toddler bed out of someone's trash. The things we do for our kids...amiright?

Katie proved her best friend status yet again by riding in the trunk holding onto the bed making sure it didn't fall out as I drove through our neighborhood.

Thunderbird Mountain Saturday, 12.2.17
Sadly for me, Saturday was Katie's last day with me :( We spent the morning Hiking Thunderbird Mountain.

After our hike, we went to lunch with a friend we grew up going to school with who now lives in Phoenix. Katie did the unthinkable and spent her last night in Arizona at Erin's house :( But I forgave her.

Until next year!!! Right?! RIGHT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment