Our little "Hobbes" 9.25.17
I started searching for costumes pretty early on and found this little tiger costume for super cheap. Here's Madden modeling it for us in September. Can you even take it?!
Owen and I opted for the glitter pumpkins and Brad carved Owen a "spooky" pumpkin.
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
Costume preparations
One of the reasons I was excited about this costume idea was because I thought the costumes would be pretty easy to find. Turns out, finding a short sleeve red shirt with black stripes for a toddler is next to impossible, so I had to improvise. Also, I was pretty pumped about my blouse find. It even came with shoulder pads!
![]() | ![]() |
Calvin & Hobbes Halloween pictures! 10.20.17
Ward Halloween Party 10.21.17

Ward costume contest
Each year we think our costumes are awesome and will definitely win a category at our ward Halloween party. Each year we're wrong. Last year we thought we had it in the bag with our Alvin & the Chipmunks ensemble. This year we thought for sure that Calvin & Hobbes would steal the hearts of our judges. Nope.
Matching pumpkin shirts! 10.28.17
Enchanted Pumpkin Garden 10.28.17
HALLOWEEN 10.31.17
Funny Owen story from Halloween morning: Owen earned a dollar the night before so I told him we could go to the dollar store and pick out a toy on Halloween.
Owen's response: "I wanna go to the dollar store and buy candy and buy toys and go to Halloween party and go trick or treating and eat popcorn and watch Cars with mommy and daddy."
Also, we were about to go to the dollar store and I said okay, let's go pick out your toy. And he said, "I'm getting toys and candy." And I told him no, we're just getting one toy and no candy and he said "but dad asked me to." And I said, "dad asked you to what?" And he goes, "Dad asked me to get candy and paw patrol toy and Halloween toy and bubble guppies toy." haha
Brad and I as the parents of Calvin & Hobbes
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
Unfortunately, Brad had gotten back from school really late on Halloween night before our friends party so we never ended up getting a family picture in our costumes. So these individual shots will just have to do!
Owen before and after trick or treating!
![]() | ![]() |
Owen made a really funny joke while trick or treating. Brad kept telling him that he needed to say thank you loud enough so the people passing out candy could hear him and he goes "Fortissimo?!" He learned that from Little Einsteins. It means very loud haha)
After trick or treating, he brought me a piece of candy for me to open for him (he had eaten about 20 already) and I told him we weren't having anymore candy tonight and he goes, "but dad told me to." And I said, dad told you to what? And he said, "dad told me to eat this candy." haha
Happy Halloween!
After trick or treating, he brought me a piece of candy for me to open for him (he had eaten about 20 already) and I told him we weren't having anymore candy tonight and he goes, "but dad told me to." And I said, dad told you to what? And he said, "dad told me to eat this candy." haha
Happy Halloween!




































No comments:
Post a Comment