Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pictures of the house and 5 more weeks until baby boy!!

Back in Arizona

The first few days back in Arizona after being gone for an entire 2 months were pretty exciting! It was great to be back and see all of our friends. One of the first things we got to do was have a 3D ultrasound. This was seriously cool.

Here's a picture from the ultrasound. You'll see that his foot is up against his head! I have no idea how that's comfortable.

Baby boy's 3D ultrasound at just about 29 weeks! 
Moving in to our new rental house

After much anticipation, we finally got the keys to move in to our new house! This was a big deal because we found the house online over the summer and had our friends go and look at it for us. So, the day we got the keys was also the first time seeing inside. This is the second time we've had to move in sight un-seen, and both times have worked out pretty well!


The house! 
My parents came down from Las Vegas to help us move in and they were so helpful! We got everything moved out of our old apartment and in to the house in record time.

Checking out the new Phoenix Temple with my parents. So gorgeous! 

My birthday dinner with my parents at Texas Roadhouse! 25 years old?! Whaaaat
Texas Roadhouse! 
Before and After House pictures
I thought it would be fun to include some pictures of the house! The before pictures were taken by my friend Amy who looked at the house for us while we were in Washington. (Thanks again Amy!)

Luckily, the landlords repainted the entire house before we moved in, so you'll see a big difference. 

Family Room before and after 

Kitchen before and after 
Dining area
Living Room before and after 

Master Bedroom before and after 

Here are some other pictures of the house too! 

Bathrooms ;-)

Guest bedroom

Backyard 
The lake in the back yard is one of my favorite parts about this house! Here are some before and after pictures of the backyard where we planted grass! If only I could find the random guy in the Lowe's parking lot who told us to take all of the grass seed/supplies back and show him that we did it! 

Before!

After! 
I can't wait to play with the baby outside in our little yard! 

Baby Boy's Nursery
After getting everything mostly settled in the house, I started working on the baby's room! This has definitely been the most fun and my sewing machine has gotten a lot of use lately! I still have some more to do, but here are a series of pictures of the progress I've made so far! 

Everything thrown in the room
Ahh, that's better.
Brad building the baby's dresser :-)
Getting closer!!
Everything has finally started to come together! Next month we'll be getting the crib. And, as soon as the baby is born I'm allowed to put up his name on the fabric squares and above the dresser! (I promised Brad I would wait so the name is a surprise!)

I made the curtains, quilt, pillows, fabric squares, banner and boppy cover! 
Just imagine white letters with blue ribbon above the dresser with the baby's name! I made the changing pad cover and recovered an old Good Will lamp with matching fabric! 
Trying out the rocking chair! 
So happy with how his baby quilt turned out!
In other news
Taken at 30 weeks! 
Our neighbor's dog who came to visit!
Celebrating our Two Year Wedding Anniversary at Cheesecake Factory on August 23rd!

Brad's first day of Dental School. I had to pull teeth to get this picture (See what I did there?)
First day of Dental School picture. He loved taking this. 
My Baby Shower!
My friend Amy threw me a baby shower at 33 weeks and it was awesome! I loved everything about it except the "cut the string to the size of her belly" game. I now know who my true friends are ;-)

Sporting the "Mommy to be" sash  
Me and Amanda! 
 So glad my mom and sister were able to come!!
Amy and me! 
Cutting the cake! 
Close up of the adorable cake my mom and sister brought 
The group! Except for Rachel O and Amanda :-(
But here's a special picture of Amanda all by herself!
A few thoughts on my pregnancy:

1. I still have an innie belly button and this is something I am very proud of.
2. I look forward to walking through the freezer sections of grocery stores because I'm always hot.
3. I can no longer fit my wedding ring on my finger which makes me a little self conscious when I'm out and Brad's not with me. (Thanks a lot old lady at the Costco food court who ring checked me and stared me down as I sat there, eating my huge piece of pepperoni pizza by myself at 34 weeks pregnant.)
4. We CAN NOT wait for this baby to get here!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment