Walking around the Phoenix airport, on our way to Moses Lake
Me: "Gosh, my purse is so heavy! I have a bunch of extra stuff in it for the plane."
Brad: "You can put it in my back pack."
Me: "okay"
A few minutes later
Brad: "Wait, did you put your entire purse in here? I meant just the extra stuff."
Moses Lake
When we arrived in Moses Lake, our welcoming party was pretty slim. (Sorry Bryan) Most of the family were still vacationing in Hawaii when we got there so we had a few days to ourselves.
On our first day there, we took advice from Bryan to see Anchorman 2. Big mistake. I won't go too in depth here because I don't want to offend anyone who liked it, but it was awful. I'll admit there were a few funny parts, but I feel as though I'll never get those 119 minutes back.
It makes sense now why there were a total of four other people in the theater.
Mike and Allie's!
We also got to visit Mike and Allie which was awesome. I can never get over how stinkin' cute their baby, Nora, is every time I see her.
Funny story. Some time in the last 6 months or so, Mike somehow mixed up Brad's and Curtis's phone numbers and thought he and Curtis had been texting the whole time, not Brad. We couldn't figure out why they were so shocked to see us at the door but it turns out it was because they were expecting Courtney and Curtis, not us. Haha.
Grandma Ludeen's
Once Kylie and Kendall arrived, things started to get a little more lively. On Sunday night, we all went over to Grandma Ludeen's to visit. Can I just say this woman is a saint? Anytime I'm around her, I am always so impressed. She has such a strong testimony and I wish I had half the sports knowledge that she does.
Being the awesome woman that she is, she fed us all spaghetti for dinner. This was wonderful because we hadn't eaten any good food in days. There were five four adults (once again, sorry Bryan) in the house and I'm pretty sure none of us cooked once. We lived off of cereal and queso dip until Peggy came home to take care of us.
SNL
One thing I've learned about this family is that they love SNL. So, naturally we watched the Christmas SNL and it was awesome. Do yourself a favor and watch this.
Ticket to Ride
Sweet Home Alabama
Monday night was a great night for me because I was introduced to the greatest show airing on television today.
Oh my goodness. Words can't even describe how much I love this show. It's basically The Bachelor gone country where they bring in half city guys/half southern guys who duke it out to win over the heart of a Southern Belle. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Christmas Eve
Since it was my first Christmas spent with the Earls, I got to participate in/witness the annual Christmas Eve talent show that takes place at Grandma Ludeen's every year. This family loves anything to do with competition, and I recall hearing Brad say that we needed to "win Christmas" this year.
Here's a peak at the David Earl clan "practice session."
My favorite part of this video is Trevor lying down in the background.
![]() |
| Brainstorming different talents everyone could do. Not sure why this one didn't make the cut. Maybe next year Kylie! |
Christmas day
Christmas day was awesome. We enjoyed some french toast for breakfast and got to open a bunch of great gifts. I feel so lucky to be a part of this family!
![]() | ![]() |
The best part of the day was the Monopoly competition. (I told you they love anything competitive) Although I was a front runner early on, I lost everything with one bad roll. It was still a lot of fun though.
![]() |
| One of Brad's favorite Christmas presents from his sister, Kristy. Apparently it's a Simpson's reference. Beats me. |
Moses Lake frozen over
I'm not sure where everyone else was, but Kylie, Kendall and I thought it would be fun to play out on frozen Moses Lake.
|
|
Once Courtney and Curtis arrived the next day, the four of us ventured out on the lake again.
![]() | ![]() |
| Glad the extra weight didn't make us fall through. |
Holiday 3 on 3 tournament at the church!
Another tradition I got to witness this year was the holiday 3 on 3 tournament. It was a lot of fun getting to see Brad play!
![]() |
| Watching our husbands play some basketball! |
![]() |
| Winners! |
Tri-Cities
On our last day there, the whole family went to Tri-Cities to do some shopping and go out to dinner at PF Changs before Bryan's high school basketball game.
![]() |
| The crew |
After the game, we stopped for ice cream and said our goodbyes. We had such a great time and were definitely not ready to leave!
New Year's Eve
Brad and I didn't have big plans for New Year's Eve, but we did eat out at Cheesecake Factory which was delicious. We rang in the new year by watching Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and realizing at 12:14 that it was 2014!
New Year's Resolutions
I'm going to keep these pretty simple this year, just so I can feel better about myself when I actually accomplish them.
1. Use less toothpaste (I always use way too much)
2. Drink more water everyday
That sounds easy enough.
Happy New Year!!

.jpg)




.jpg)



.jpg)






.jpg)
Haha. "Use less toothpaste." You win with the most random new years resolution.
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks Kristy!
DeleteFeeling bipolar at the moment. So happy to have lived through that through your eyes. So tragically sad I missed it! So many funny moments, the purse in the backpack, mike thinking brad was curtis (how long did this conversation go on?!). It was all really enjoyable. And I second Kristy. Most random New Years resolution ever. Makes me want to go buy you a costco pack of toothpaste so you can keep using all you darn well please.
ReplyDeleteKacey, I wish you all could have been there!
DeleteAnd the next time we exchange gifts, you'll already know what to get me! Haha
This is Peggy... so glad we could introduce you to Sweet Home Alabama. It's definitely must see TV! Ha ha! So happy you and Brad could be here. Thanks so much for coming! What fun!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we got to come! And oh my gosh, we have the last episode of Season 3 to watch tonight and then we have a new one of this season recorded to watch after that! Kind of embarrassing.
DeleteI love reading your posts!! Love the talent show video...you guys are way too hood!! :)
ReplyDeleteLinh!! Thank you!! I miss you guys. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis was such a cute, funny post and your time together sounds like it was soo much fun! Glad we could see you even though you guys definitely put us to shame in the talent portion of the Christmas Eve night. And to think, I doubted its authenticity! What was I thinking? I just love that it spotlighted Brian. Fun, fun! Daishan
ReplyDeleteDaishan! I'm so glad you guys were there! Christmas spent with the Earls is definitely a good time.
DeleteAnd oh dear, I just hope that video doesn't surface any time soon. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! Haha