San Clemente August 3-6, 2017
This past weekend, we drove to San Clemente for Brad's Grandpa Jim's memorial. Brad's entire family was able to come so we were excited to see everyone and honor his grandpa.
The drive to San Clemente was pretty uneventful compared to the last time Brad and I drove to California. I held my breath the entire time we drove through Quartzsite, AZ hoping our vehicle wouldn't break down again. But we made it there without any issues and with two relatively happy kids the whole way, so I'd call that a success.
Here is the infamous "Q Mountain"
Brad's parents rented out a huge house in San Clemente for the weekend where we all stayed. Owen didn't know what to do with himself having unlimited access to all of his cousin friends all weekend.
I don't think there's ever a time when a chair like this is necessary. Although Brad looks right at home.
I got to enjoy this view from the workout room every morning at 6am. Haha, just kidding.
Our sleeping arrangements included Owen sleeping in between Brad and me. He loved it. We didn't.
San Clemente Pier for my birthday
My 28th (I think?) birthday happened to fall on this past Friday we were in California so Peggy & Brad's sisters and two of his cousins took me on a walk along the beach & out to breakfast to celebrate that morning. The guys helped celebrate my birthday by golfing for 7 hours that afternoon while all of us girls watched the kids.
![]() | ![]() |
Courtney's Sandcastle
While the guys golfed, we took all of the kids to a cool playground nearby. They all had a blast and every single one of them was filthy by the time we left.
Here's Owen, Dean & Jude
Scarlet is such a good big cousin!
![]() | ![]() |
Madden was ticked he couldn't run around and play with his cousins.
![]() | ![]() |
Owen was surprisingly brave and climbed this rock wall with Rhode & Asher. Thankfully Aunt Kacey was around to help him back down.
![]() | ![]() |
Jude & Owen. Best little buds.
Cousin picture! Minus Madden, who was happily asleep in his stroller during this photo.
This is a random picture of Madden that I took on Saturday, but I wanted to include it because he always makes that face and I think it's so cute haha
Madden hanging out with Scarlet & Ridley!
Quick trip to the pier
Before the memorial started, a big group of us walked the pier. Owen thought it was pretty dang cool.
![]() |
Grandpa Jim's memorial
That afternoon, a bunch of family and friends came to the house for the memorial. It was full of laughter and tears and I was grateful to be a part of it, even though I didn't know Grandpa Jim all that well.
Boy cousins! Minus Madden, who was once again sleeping
Trip to the beach
After the memorial, the family headed off to the beach. Owen had a blast playing in the sand and water and Madden got to see the ocean for the first time!
The picture on the left is from 2015 and the picture on the right is from this past weekend. I love our growing family!
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |






































No comments:
Post a Comment