Wednesday, December 14, 2016

All Things Owen: October-December

Playing with his new golf equipment with Gigi 10.4.16

Watching shows so mom could rest (pregnancy is tiring!) 10.20.16


Ran into Owen's best friend Cannon Poh at the doctor's office and hanging out with Cannon at story time at the library 10.25.16 & 10.26.16

Gathering all of his toys around the house and shoving them under the desk 10.26.16


Playing "ba-ball" at dadda's school and taking a rest on mama 10.27.16 & 10.28.16

11.2.16
Funny story to go along with this picture...when I went to get Owen out of his bed this morning, he had his stuffed animal dinosaur in his crib with him. When I opened the door, he said "rawr!" and then threw it at me haha. Later that day, I found "diny" the dinosaur hanging out on my pillow.

Owen doing everything but napping & on a walk with mom. On our walk, he managed to point out every single basketball hoop on the way (ba-ball hoop). I also asked him if he liked to go on walks and he said "yeah!" Then I asked what his favorite part about going on walks was and he said "go dadda," meaning "going with dad." (thanks, buddy) 11.3.16

Looking at the sky/stars with dadda. When putting Owen down for a nap earlier this day, I asked him if he wanted to cuddle with mama for a little and sing some songs. (He wasn't acting very tired) He said "yeah" so I sang "I am a Child of God" quietly and he kept saying in a quiet voice "again" each time I finished. I think I ended up singing both verses at least 4 times. Melt my heart! Sweet moment I want to remember. 11.4.16

Bike ride to the park with dadda & mama 11.5.16

This is from the Sunday that Owen walked happily into nursery and didn't turn back! (Second week in a row that he was happy the whole time) Both times I looked in to check on him he was as happy as a clam. When I picked him up he happily ran to me and said "mama!" (Normally he gets sad when he sees us because he's upset we left him there). Our baby is growing up! 11.6.16

11.7.16 For Family Home Evening this night, we went to Cafe Rio for some free food at a location that opened up nearby and then read from our Book of Mormon story book. Owen happily points out "Lehi" and "Nephi" all of the time now. (Although they both sound more like "hi-hi"). During the opening prayer, I asked Owen to repeat after me. Our prayer went a little something like this:

"Dear Heavenly Father"
Owen: pumpkinnn
"Thank you for this day"
Owen: pumpkinnn
"Thank you for our family"
Owen: pumpkinnn
"In the name of..."
Owen: Men! (or something that sounds similar to Amen)


This was the same night that Owen randomly stripped down to his bare bum and wanted to jump on the couch (naked). Brad and I figured we'd bribe him with candy and asked if he wanted to go pee pee on the potty since he was already naked. He happily obliged and went pee pee on the big potty while I helped hold him up. Success!

Dressing up as a knight at Miles Crane's house & playing with his stickers. He's been loving stickers ever since playing with them at GiGi and Poppop's house over Thanksgiving! 11.10.16 & 11.25.16

Being goofy with dad while we were playing the game "Speak Out" with our friends, Mary & Derek Dawson and their two kids Levi & Krew. 11.27.16

12.3.16 Brad asked Owen to repeat after him for tonight's prayer over dinner. The prayer went a little something like this:

Brad: "Dear"
Owen: Dear (this is the only word he actually repeated besides "Amen!")
Brad: "Heavenly Father"
Owen: EE (his cousin Ellie)
Brad: "We thank thee for this day"
Owen: football 
Brad: "We thank thee for this food"
Owen: gibberish
Brad: "In the name of...Amen"
Owen: Amen!

After dinner, Brad took a plate of chips into the projector room where he was watching the BYU basketball game. Owen followed with his own bowl of chips and stole the chips off of Brad's plate and put them in his bowl and walked away. When Brad walked into the room and asked Owen if he stole his chips, he answered "yeah" honestly. At least he's got that going for him! 

Inching his little body into the corner of the trampoline trying to get as far away from me as possible (I wanted him to come out) & being a little imp in the elevator at dadda's school 12.7.16 & 12.8.16

Helping me babysit Baby Zack Keller (or in Owen's words Baby Gack) 12.9.16

At the ski shop with dadda & Uncle Stephen 12.10.16

12.14.16
I thought Owen was in his room playing with toys (while I was working on this blog ;) ) but instead I just found him in the hallway with the contents of my purse dumped and 5 pieces of chewing gum in his mouth. I know there were 5 because that's exactly how many wrappers were scattered about. Lucky for me he spit the glob of gum into my hand! 

12.14.16
I was in our bedroom starting to pack for our trip when Owen walked in, got super close to my face and whispered "shhh, dadda sleeping" while holding up his pointer finger to his mouth. Turns out, dadda really was asleep on the floor in the family room. 

Love this kid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment