Saturday, June 4, 2016

San Diego with the Poh's!

San Diego May 31-June 3, 2016

After getting home from Las Vegas, we had one day at home before packing up and leaving again for San Diego with our friends, the Poh's. Brad's parents were nice enough to let us stay at their time share in Mission Valley. 

On the road again! 


Having just arrived at the WorldMark
Owen and Brad both had a little too much fun playing on the luggage cart. And Owen and Cannon were in heaven jumping on that king sized bed. Also, do you see them holding hands? These guys are seriously best buddies. 

Bahn Thai for dinner
On our first night there, we tried a restaurant called Bahn Thai and the food was so yummy! We got a great parking spot next to the restaurant so the boys spent the majority of the time playing in the car, Owen's latest obsession.

There's something so adorable about little kids bathing together. 


San Diego Zoo
The next day, Brad, Owen and I made our way to the zoo. We actually got free tickets for sitting through a sales presentation at our hotel. Cha-Ching! Neither of us had been so we were both really excited! Owen was excited too once we got there and he realized what was going on.
Owen enjoyed seeing the animals but I think he had more fun climbing on the benches and riding on dad's shoulders. It was a good thing his ticket was free.
Here we are watching the gorilla. I really wanted a picture with Owen but that middle shot was the best we could do. Of course he stayed still for dad's picture.
Owen up close and personal with the gorilla. Also, can I just tell you how much I love that Owen will fall asleep just about anywhere? While he was sleeping, Brad and I continued to make our way around the zoo.

Does anyone else think it's weird that these koala's names are things like Coombah, Kookoora, Thackory and...Bradley.
Owen passed out while we looked at the animals.
Once he woke up we took him to the petting zoo! He loved it.
Owen literally started shaking when the huge turtle started walking towards us. That thing was gigantic. On the right is Owen lifting his arm making an elephant sound. I think the elephants were his favorite!
Watching the giraffes.

Dinner with the Jacinto's! 
That night, we met up with Christie, Daniel & Jack Jacinto for dinner at La Perla in Pacific Beach. Can we all just take a moment and stare at both of their delicious lips?

We love our friends!

By the time dinner was over, Owen was exhausted from our day. So, Brad and I decided we might as well stop and get a dozen cookies since he was asleep anyway.

Beach day at Mission Beach!
The next day, we had a beach day with the Poh's at Mission beach. Michelle's sister Claire and her husband joined us as well. On the left is our family picture from the last time we were in San Diego. On the right is us trying to recreate that picture. It was a success, obviously.

I couldn't be mad though because Owen just wanted to play tee-ball. And I mean, c'mon, look at that form.
Pictures with Michelle & Brad
Building sand castles
Owen absolutely loved going in the water, even though it was cold.
Michelle, Travis & Cannon Poh
Family Photo
Owen getting filthy in the sand. He seriously had a blast.

Sleeping babies! Owen was passed out for over three hours. It was marvelous, really. We got to enjoy ourselves and play a few games of beach bocce ball, my favorite!
Relaxing at the beach.
After the beach, we rinsed off in our hotel's pool!

Leaving San Diego
I think the boys were more sad to leave this luggage cart than they were San Diego.  

Overall it was a great trip and we had so much fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment